New You offers a range of services and procedures that are designed to fight the signs of aging and make you look your best. One of our most popular anti-aging solutions is Botulinum Toxin Type A Therapy, commonly referred to as Botox. This non-surgical procedure is used to reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles and lines, while also preventing new wrinkles from emerging. By restricting the muscle movement in the treatment area Botox is also able to prevent further laugh lines, frown marks and wrinkles.
- We are so adamant that you will love the rejuvenating effects of Botox we are offering the Friend Referral Program. Simply get a New You Botox treatment and tell your friend about it. For every friend that comes in and gets a Botox treatment you will receive one free Botox injection.
You Should Consider Botox Therapy If:
- You want to reduce the amount of new facial wrinkles: Worry/frown lines, crows feet, smile lines, nasolabial folds and other unsightly lines.
- You want to improve the appearance of wrinkles that have worsened and deepened due to years of muscle movement.
- You want to look younger, refreshed and relaxed
Why New You’s Botox Therapy is the Right Choice?
- New You is the largest provider of cosmetic injections in Canada, our technicians are highly trained and able to get you the results you want. If you want a refreshed, luminous, and youthful appearance without surgery and downtime, Botox is a safe and effective choice for you!
Quick and Easy – Facelift Results Without the Downtime and Pain
Botox treatments are so fast and pain-free, you can schedule a procedure over your lunch and still have time to grab a bite to eat. Each injection only takes a few minutes but the results can last for 3-4 months making it an ideal procedure for those with busy lifestyles.
The Beautifying Effects of Botox Therapy
- Aside from freezing wrinkles and fine lines in their tracks, Botox also prevents future lines and wrinkles from forming.*
- Botox only targets the injection site, there is no need to worry that your face will look frozen or unnatural after a procedure.*
- Because treatment with Botox is non-surgical, no downtime is required.*
- Botox Therapy has also been used to alleviate the pain associated with migraines, headaches and chronic cluster headaches.*
- Botox can also treat excessive sweating by targeting sweat glands and suppressing their production.*
- Lastly, Botox can improve the appearance of the skin making you look rested, relaxed and refreshed*.
Frequently Asked Botox Questions
Is Botox Therapy Right for Me?
The best candidates for Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type A) Therapy are men and women between 25 and 65 years of age. Botox is a targeted wrinkle and fine line treatment making it ineffective in people below 25 because they tend to not have wrinkles. On the other end of the spectrum, people over 65 tend to have wrinkles that have set in too deeply for Botox to be effective, however, we do offer other treatments that can penetrate and reverse the appearance of deep wrinkles and fine lines.
When is Botox Therapy Usually Used?
Botox Therapy works best on “dynamic wrinkles”, the type that are visible when you smile, laugh, raise your eyebrows or squints. The appearance of these dynamic wrinkles is lessened and improved by Botox because the muscles are immobile and relaxed.
What does the Procedure Entail?
After an initial consultation with your New You Botox technician to determine your goals, assess your skin quality and establish a treatment plan, a small amount of Botox will be injected into the target areas using a tiny needle. The needle is so small that discomfort is minimal. Frequent users of Botox liken the procedure to “a light pinch”. After a few minutes you will be on your way looking more rested and relaxed.
Will My Face Look Natural After a Botox Treatment?
Yes. While Botox does change the appearance and health of the skin, the treatment will not drastically change the way your face looks or make you look like you’ve had plastic surgery. The muscles causing wrinkles are relaxed but not completely immobilized. You will still be able to make the normal range of facial expressions, just without causing wrinkles.
Is the Botox Treatment Painful?
Botox is a dermal injection so there may be minor discomfort depending on the patient and the injection location. The sensation associated with the treatment is described as a tiny pinch which dissipates quickly. After the treatment, you may resume normal activities.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Side effects are very rare when it comes to Botox Therapy. However, a small percentage of patients have reported pain at the injection site, inflammation, swelling, redness, bleeding and bruising.
When Will I See Results and How Long Will They Last?
Treatments can take a 24 hours to 3 days to reach peak effect. To get the best results from your Botox Therapy technicians recommend contracting the facial muscles after treatment. You can expect to see the Botox results last for 3 to 4 months. Then simply book an appointment at New You for another round of Botox Therapy.
Will I Need More Than One Treatment?
Botox Therapy scheduling is dependant on each patient and their desired goals. Usually one treatment is enough to greatly improve your appearance. An average of 3 Botox treatments are recommended if you want longer lasting results. Scheduling a touch-up every 4 to 6 months is also recommended to keep wrinkles at bay and maintain a youthful and fresh look.
Will I Have to Stay Home Afterwards?
No. Because Botox Therapy is non-surgical there is no need for recovery time. Most patients return to normal daily activities immediately after the procedure. You should, however, avoid exercise, heavy lifting, and massaging the treated area for 24 hours.
What Happens When It Wears Off?
As the Botox Therapy begins to wear off and absorb into the body wrinkles and fine lines will begin to slowly reappear. These dynamic wrinkles will be less noticeable than before but can worsen over time. To maintain the youthful look year round 3 to 4 injections are required. Regular treatments will result in longer lasting effects, and fewer injections will be needed over time.
How is Botox Therapy Different from Dermal Fillers?
Botox (Botulinum Toxin Type A) Therapy targets and relaxes muscles in your face to smooth and prevent future wrinkles. Fillers, such as Restylane, Perlane, or Juvederm texturize and fill in existing wrinkles, restoring fullness and volume. Botox Therapy is both a corrective and preventive procedure, because it treats existing dynamic lines while also preventing future facial lines. Fillers can be very useful in repairing deep existing wrinkles by restoring lost volume, however, they are not preventative and won’t inhibit the appearance of new line and wrinkles.
I Have a Very Busy Lifestyle, is Botox Right for Me?
Botox is an ideal procedure for men and women on the go with busy lifestyles. Treatments are quick and require no down time, so you can pop into New You have a Botox treatment and be on your way in less than a hour. Because side effects are minimal and rarely visible, you can resume normal activities as well.
Is Botox Therapy Affordable?
Yes. Botox Therapy is very affordable, especially in relation to other facial aesthetic improvement methods. Like any other aesthetic procedure Botox is an appearance-related investment, the benefits are well worth the cost. At New You we offer a complimentary consultation to help you assess whether Botox or another Dermal Filler is right for you. We also offer payment plans and financing. Call us today to learn more.
Is There Anyone That Should Not Get Botox Therapy?
While Botox has been approved by the FDA and Health Canada there is a small percentage of the population that should avoid Botox Therapy, including:
- Anyone with an infection at the proposed injection site or sites.
- Patients with a hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in the Botulinum Toxin Type A Therapy formulation.
- People with neuromuscular disorders, such as: ALS, myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton may also be at risk of serious side effects.