An IPL Photofacial, also known as Intense Pulsed Light therapy, is a non-invasive facial treatment that offers a comprehensive solution for various skin concerns. At New You, we specialize in providing this effective and innovative procedure to help our patients achieve youthful and radiant skin.
This skin rejuvenation treatment utilizes the power of light to target specific areas of concern, such as hyperpigmentation, sun damage, redness, rosacea, acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. By delivering pulses of light energy into the deeper layers of the skin, IPL stimulates collagen production, resulting in improved skin tone and a more youthful appearance.
If you are seeking a non-invasive treatment that can effectively reverse sun damage, signs of aging, and problem areas, an IPL Photofacial at New You Cosmetic Centers may be the perfect solution for you. Choose your nearest treatment location in Burlington, Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Woodbridge, Younge & Eglinton, Yorkville, and Queen Street. Contact us at 1 (888) 701-1467 or fill out our inquiry form to schedule a consultation and take the first step toward achieving the glowing and rejuvenated skin you desire.
- 1 About Intense Pulsed Light
- 2 Benefits of IPL Photofacial
- 3 Book your free consultation
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 How Many Treatment Sessions Will I Need?
- 7 Preparation
- 8 Procedure
- 9 Cost of an IPL Photofacial in Toronto
- 10 Financing Options
- 11 FAQ
- 12 References
About Intense Pulsed Light
Factors such as sun exposure, aging, and hormonal changes can lead to the appearance of hyperpigmentation, sun damage, age spots, and redness on our skin. These imperfections can make us look older and affect our self-confidence. Fortunately, there are advanced non-invasive treatments available to address these concerns and restore a more youthful and vibrant complexion. One such treatment is the IPL Photofacial.
What Does IPL Treat?
IPL treats a wide range of skin conditions, including the following.
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Sun Damage
- Age Spots
- Facial Redness
- Large Pores
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
How Does IPL Work?
IPL is a unique and effective mix of powerful flashlamps and special filters that produce pulsed light of varying power. (1) During the PhotoFacial skin renewal treatment, the handheld device produces strong broad-spectrum light similar to the light of the sun, all without damaging UVA and UVB rays. Using broad-spectrum light offers a dual skin renewal treatment, oxygen, and light. Your skin needs both to ensure the skin is brightened and sun damage and over-pigmentation are eradicated. PhotoFacials can also be used to eliminate broken capillaries (tiny blood vessels).
Collagen is a vital component of our skin, playing a crucial role in maintaining its overall health, firmness, and elasticity. As a protein, collagen forms a structural framework, providing support and strength to our skin. But as we age, the production of collagen gradually decreases, leading to visible signs of aging. Environmental factors, particularly sun damage, can also contribute to the depletion of collagen in our skin. (2) IPL treatment stimulates the production of new collagen, which helps plump and tighten the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Large Pores & Wrinkles
PhotoFacial can also help minimize the appearance of large pores and wrinkles. The high-intensity light produced by the PhotoFacial handheld device works to stimulate your body’s own natural collagen. Increased collagen production leads to the skin becoming more youthful, more firm, and renewed. With PhotoFacial, you can turn back time and regain the youthful appearance that you desire*.
Benefits of IPL Photofacial
- Improved Skin Tone: Our IPL Photofacial treatment targets uneven pigmentation, helping to even out your skin tone, giving you a more youthful and vibrant appearance.
- Reduced Appearance of Sun Damage: Overexposure to the sun can cause damage to your skin, leading to dark spots and discoloration. Our IPL Photofacial can effectively reduce the visible signs of sun damage, giving you a clearer and healthier complexion.
- Minimized Age Spots and Freckles: Age spots and freckles can make your skin look older and less radiant. With our IPL Photofacial, we can specifically target these areas, minimizing their appearance and giving you a more even skin tone.
- Diminished Redness and Rosacea: If you struggle with redness or rosacea, our IPL Photofacial treatment can help reduce the redness and inflammation, leaving you with a calmer and more balanced complexion.
- Smoother and More Even Skin Texture: Our IPL Photofacial stimulates collagen production, which helps improve the texture of your skin, making it smoother and more refined.
- Increased Collagen Production: Collagen is essential for maintaining firm and youthful-looking skin. Our IPL Photofacial not only targets specific concerns but also stimulates collagen production, giving you long-lasting results and overall facial rejuvenation.
- Reduced Fine Lines and Wrinkles: The gentle heat generated during the IPL Photofacial treatment promotes collagen remodeling, resulting in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving you with a more youthful appearance.
- Lightened Acne Scars and Blemishes: Acne scars and blemishes can be a source of frustration and self-consciousness. Our IPL Photofacial treatment can help lighten these imperfections, giving you clearer and more even skin.
- Enhanced Overall Facial Rejuvenation: The combination of all the benefits mentioned above leads to an overall facial rejuvenation, giving you a refreshed and revitalized look.
- Boosted Self-Confidence and Improved Self-Image: When you feel good about your appearance, it can have a positive impact on your self-confidence. Our IPL Photofacial treatment can help address various skin concerns, boosting your self-esteem and improving your self-image.
For patients who undergo a PhotoFacial minimal recovery time is needed. Plus you can even return to your daily activities immediately with healthier and fresher-looking skin. Several sessions may be required to achieve optimal results*.
IPL treatment is an advanced non-invasive skin rejuvenation system suitable for patients who don’t have time for downtime. And it isn’t just for patients with sun-damaged skin. Ideal candidates for IPL Photofacial treatment are individuals who are looking to address a variety of skin concerns and achieve overall skin rejuvenation.
Due to the nature of the treatment, IPL is not suitable for patients with very dark skin tones. However, we will recommend other effective treatments in these circumstances.
During your personal consultation, our experienced team will take the time to understand your specific concerns and goals for skin rejuvenation. We will review your medical history and assess your skin’s condition to determine if IPL Photofacial is the right treatment for you. Our experts will carefully examine your skin’s texture, tone, and any existing issues such as sun damage, age spots, or redness.
How Many Treatment Sessions Will I Need?
By evaluating your unique needs, our skilled professionals will recommend the most suitable IPL Photofacial treatment plan to address your concerns. Whether you require a series of sessions or additional procedures, such as chemical peels or skin tightening, our team will guide you toward achieving optimal results.
Our personal consultations are designed to provide you with a wealth of information about IPL Photofacial and its benefits. We will explain the procedure in detail, including how the advanced laser technology targets specific pigmentation irregularities and stimulates collagen production for improved skin texture and tone.
A complete PhotoFacial treatment is typically done over several sessions. These treatment sessions usually take about 20 to 45 minutes each. Prior to the beginning of your treatment we will make sure you have the necessary preparations needed. You will be given protective glasses to protect your eyes from the very bright light that is used during treatment.
The IPL photofacial procedure is quick, comfortable, and requires no downtime, making it an ideal choice for individuals with busy lifestyles. Most patients experience minimal discomfort during the treatment, often described as a mild snapping sensation or a rubber band flicking against the skin. The number of sessions required may vary depending on the severity of the skin concerns, but noticeable improvements can typically be seen after just one treatment.
Cost of an IPL Photofacial in Toronto
The cost of an IPL Photofacial will vary depending on several factors specific to each patient’s unique treatment plan. Factors such as the number of sessions required, the size of the treatment area, and the specific goals of the patient will all contribute to determining the cost of the procedure. Find out about financing here.
If you are considering an IPL Photofacial, we encourage you to reach out to your nearest New You location. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the cost or any other concerns you may have about the procedure. Achieve healthier, more youthful-looking skin by contacting us at 1 (888) 701-1467 or visiting our conveniently located clinic.
Read our blog for more information about our services.
Click here to find out more about our financing options!
What exactly is a photofacial?
The IPL PhotoFacial does not use laser technology, but is instead a non-invasive procedure that utilizes broad-spectrum light to break up dark spots and smooth out enlarged pores and wrinkles. This light is transferred to the skin using a hand-piece, which has a glass panel that is held against the surface of the skin to deliver the light.
How many photofacial treatments are needed to see results?
Usually, four to six treatments are recommended. These are done as a series, and performed at 3-week intervals. The sessions do not have any necessary downtime, so you can go right back to normal activities immediately after each treatment. Touch-ups and follow-up treatments are usually desired by patients in order to maintain the results longer*.
Is photofacial used to treat rosacea?
Rosacea is a skin condition that causes redness in the skin from dilated capillaries. This condition can also create blemishes and blisters on the cheeks and on the nose area. PhotoFacial can help improve the effects of Rosacea by treating the blood vessels and reducing redness without causing damage to the healthy surrounding skin. This greatly minimizes the amount of redness and flushing, and it is long-lasting*.